Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Flash Forward (ABC)

I haven't had a chance to write a post about 'FlashForward' yet. I've watched the pilot episode twice now and my initial reaction is that it's probably one of the top 5 shows on television. That might change as the season progresses, or it may get even better.

The easiest show to compare it to is LOST. Everything from the opening scene (the lead character waking up after a terrible incident) to the serial nature of story-telling that's pretty much synonymous with LOST. To drive that argument home there's a bus with an advert for LOST, an Oceanic Airlines billboard and even a few actors who starred in LOST.

FlashForward does manage to stand apart though. It's overall quality just doesn't stand up to LOST, but name one show that does and I'll be the first to say "You're a fucking liar!".

Most of the characters in FF are interesting and likable. Mark (Joseph Fiennes) and Demetri (John Cho) probably stood out more than anybody in the pilot. I've always kinda been a John Cho fan so it wasn't that hard to find the character likable for me. The one character I didn't like was the babysitter.

I'm really looking forward to watching this show on a weekly basis. After the pilot aired last Thursday they played an extended preview of the season that looked like it's gonna be a fucking awesome show. If you haven't seen it you should definitely check it out on Hulu or ABC.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment