Friday, October 16, 2009

NCAA Football Picks Oct 17

I've been looking forward to this Saturday all week. There are a ton of really great match-ups and a lot of "toss-ups" (meaning I have no idea what's gonna happen)

No. 20 Oklahoma vs. No. 3 Texas
No. 7 Ohio State at Purdue
No. 6 USC at No. 25 Notre Dame
Texas Tech at No. 15 Nebraska
No. 4 Virginia Tech at No. 19 Georgia Tech
No. 22 South Carolina at No. 2 Alabama
Missouri at No. 16 Oklahoma State


--Right off the bat the day starts with a top 25 match-up. Oklahoma has had a rough year and it's only gonna get worse after this rivalry loss. (*)

--I'd love to see Purdue pull off the upset in this one. I just don't see it happening.

--USC/Notre Dame is even closer than those ranks indicate with USC starting a freshman QB against Notre Dame's Heisman hopeful Clausen. (For the record, I don't think he'll get it - I think Colt McCoy pretty much has it wrapped up right now, thanks to Tebow and Bradford both suffering injuries earlier in the year)

--Texas Tech can't seem to get it done against top 25 teams.

--Va Tech continue to roll through one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules in the nation. (*)

--I'm about this close to picking South Carolina in the upset... I just can't go all the way... (*)

--If I remember correctly, I've said in previous PICK posts that I don't believe the Oklahoma State hype... and I still don't.

(*) If there's any chance of Va Tech jumping into the #2 spot (and a shot at the national title) it's this week. The two teams between them and a match-up with the Gators are both playing top 25 teams that shouldn't be underestimated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment