Sunday, October 3, 2010

Football Picks Oct 3

I was 7-1 in my college picks yesterday. I'm still a little surprised that Texas lost for a second straight week. I've got a lot of questions about how this will affect the polls, but first my NFL picks. (winners in green)

San Francisco at Atlanta
Denver at Tennessee
Baltimore at Pittsburgh
Washington at Philadelphia
Chicago at NY Giants



  • The Broncos/Titans game features the #1 passing offense (Broncos) against the #5 passing defense, and the #8 rushing offense (Titans) against the #10 rush defense.
  • I'm not a fan of big defensive games with little to no scoring... and that's exactly what the Ravens/Steelers game will probably be.
  • The big game of the week is the Redskins/Eagles game... at least as far as the storyline goes. As far as what to expect on the field... I can't see the Redskins defense doing much about Vick. Then again, the Eagles defense hasn't been as good this year as it was the last DECADE!

Now back to the college polls...
FSU was ranked at the beginning of the year and, after losing to Oklahoma, fell completely out of the Top 25. (They're currently unranked)
Virginia Tech started the season ranked #6 in the coaches poll and #10 in the media poll. After losing their opener to Boise State, they fell, but not far. But after losing for the second straight week, they fell completely out of the Top 25 (they're currently unranked)
And that brings me to Texas. They've lost two straight now, including a loss to Oklahoma. You see where I'm going with this now? It'll be interesting to see if the sports media holds Texas to the same standard as the ACC teams...

0 comments:

Post a Comment