Monday, February 9, 2009

Review: The Hammer (Zuda)

The Hammer

Calvin School's family saw something they shouldn't have. Bones Charlie sent his dogs to clean up the mess. But School is a mess that don't clean easy. When he catches up with Bones Charlie, we'll see just why they call him...The Hammer.

_________________________________________

When I saw the thumbnail for this comic (pink bunny) I was expecting a crime story set in an animal world... but aside from the main character being the Easter Bunny, everyone is human. It strikes me as weird. That's all I can really say.

The dialogue is an over-the-top Brooklyn thug style that takes a little getting used to considering it's coming from a giant talking pink bunny.

Apparently he's trying to save his nephew who was kidnapped sometime before we join the story. I almost want this one to win if only to amuse my curiosity as to weather or not Calvin's family are bunnies too.

I liked the art for the most part, although it does seem a little two-dimensional at times. Calvin's mannerisms are nicely done and often amusing... nearly as amusing as a giant talking pink bunny.

Overall it's a lot of fun to read. It doesn't try to be too deep and for the most part avoids being to camp. I wouldn't mind if this one won this month's competition. (I think)

2 comments:

  1. Hey man, thanks a lot for the kind words about The Hammer. We've got some fun twists and turns lined up for future installments. Stay tuned and thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on winning. I'm looking forward to following this one.

    ReplyDelete