Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Review: Zuda Roundup May 2009

Cubicles

Life gets dangerous in the far future. Wally is dealing with overbearing mangers, the boss’s daughter, and corporate takeovers. Besides all that there are galactic squids, genetic mutants, and space pirates.



Interesting premise with some entertaining characters, it kinda reminds me of Office Space in outer-space. I don't really feel like it belongs in the "big leagues" on Zuda.

_________________________________________

Flowing Wells

An Ice-Age, Zombies, Aliens, Monsters, The Plague, suburban sprawl…Nothing seems to fazes these folks from Flowing Wells anymore.


Every so often there comes along a webcomic that's just so fucking incredibly bad I wanna beat the shit out of a bus load of Nuns. Whoever gave this son-of-a-bitch a pencil and paper should be ashamed of themselves. "Oh this town is full of zombies, monsters, a plague... some aliens, and whatever the fuck "suburban sprawl" is... but who wants to see that shit when I can give you "DONALD THE FUCKING FREAK SHOVELING SNOW IN HIS GODDAMNED BOXERS FOR EIGHT PAGES?!'"

_________________________________________


Freak City

Carnival freaks, including a fat man with adjustable girth and a bearded lady whose hair needs more than just conditioner to be tamed, are oppressed by a fearful government.


That's one wacky fucking webcomic you've got there, Sir!
I thought this one was a little weird at first, then the fat-man started talking with a lisp and I busted out laughing. I'd love to sit down and read about 100 pages of this webcomic.

_________________________________________

Gone Zombie

A religious cult seeking spiritual communion with the undead ensnares a young mother and her son in its insanity. Her brother must elude militiamen, zombies and religious fanatics to save them.


I really liked the slightly twisted nature of this comic. There are a few really funny moments in it. The characters seem pretty cool too.

_________________________________________


Lily of the Valley

A love story for the over and under medicated, the disenchanted, the excessively violent and the soft-spoken. Welcome to a valley of emotional turbulence!


By far the most twisted comic of the month. The art is solid and the twist was a genuine surprise. If I say I liked this comic, does that make me a bad person?



1 comment:

  1. No way does liking Lilly make you a bad person! ;)
    and thanks for stopping by my blog, I like seeing what you have to say over here too.

    ReplyDelete