Saturday, September 5, 2009

College Football Picks Week 1

Well I'm 2-1 after Thursday night's games... the undefeated season didn't last very long :( Here are my picks for the FIRST SATURDAY OF THE SEASON! (Winners in green)

Appalachian State at East Carolina
No. 13 Georgia at No. 9 Oklahoma State
No. 20 Brigham Young vs. No. 3 Oklahoma
No. 5 Alabama vs. No. 7 Virginia Tech
Maryland at No. 12 California



A couple quick notes -

*I'm picking the Appalachian State/East Carolina game because these are small schools that have caught a lot of attention the last few years for playing well and even beating some big schools. There's no doubt that played a part in their decision to play each other. It'll definitely be a close game.

*I'm going with Tech in the Tide/Hokies game not just because they're right down the street, or because they're one of my favorite teams. I'm picking them because I think they're a better team and the game is being played on neutral ground (at the Georgia Dome)

*I was tempted to go with Maryland over California and I still am. I'm pobably the only person that isn't a Maryland fan that thinks they can win.

0 comments:

Post a Comment