Thursday, September 3, 2009

Football Picks Kick-Off Edition

It's that time again! Football season officially starts with the first NCAA games of the year tonight! First of all, I wanna remind everybody of my winning record last season - Found HERE! A lot to explain abuot the changed format, but first - SOME PICKS! (Winners in green)

NCAA September 3, 2009

South Carolina at North Carolina State
No. 16 Oregon at No. 14 Boise State
Utah State at No. 19 Utah



Last year I generally tried to pick the games I thought would be the closest. For college that meant mostly games between Top 25 teams, and occassionally teams that were lingering just outside the top 25. That probably won't change this year.

The same thing goes for the NFL. I try to pick the best games as opposed to a "give me" pick like say the Colts over Oakland... It makes it a lot more interesting if the winner isn't a foregone conclusion.

The exception to this rule is Monday Night Football or situations where there's a Thursday night game (like Thanksgiving)

The biggest change this year is that I won't be loading 20+ picks into a single post each week. Instead of trying to organize a bigger post every week I'm just gonna put the picks for each day in their own post... like this one - These are the picks for games played on Thursday night.

The other change is the way I keep track of my total. Last year I had a widget in the sidebar that listed my overall record plus my weekly record. I just don't feel like doing all of that when I've got so much more important shit to do - like working on Star Stream and another "TOP SECRET" webcomic project that I'm not ready to reveal yet ;)

What I'll do this year is just add an "Overall Total" widget in the sidebar and leave it at that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment