Friday, February 18, 2011

Radiohead - The King of Limbs

I've listened to the new Radiohead album and all I can think is "they could pretty much do whatever they wanted and their fans would eat it up." And that's pretty much what they did.

There are a few decent songs on the album (Little by Little, Give Up the Ghost) but nothing that good really. All but one song on the album run over 4:30 and each song is pretty much the same endless loop for that entire 4 minutes.

The vocals have almost no melody at all. It sounds like a long drawn out drone listening to Yorke wallow incoherently. It does feel like he's emotionally connected to the music, but I'm not. And I didn't come here to stare in awe at his amazing power to become that self-involved. I came to be entertained.

I may not be the right person to ask about new Radiohead music, though, considering I haven't been a big fan since The Bends and OK Computer. But $9 for 8 average songs isn't worth it to me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment