Sunday, February 8, 2009

Review: Indie (Zuda)

Indie

Somewhere in Middle America, a group of childhood friends turn their hometown into the hottest indie music scene in the country.

_________________________________________

It seems like every month there's one comic on Zuda that I really dislike more than the rest. Looking back, I think I was a little harder on 'Lifespan' than it deserves (although I still think it is a bad premise) But this month is different. I don't dislike any of them... but I fucking hated this piece of shit more than just about any webcomic I've ever read, and believe me... there are some really fucking stupid webcomics out there.

It felt like I was reading a slide show with subtitles. Stupid, boring, emo subtitles.
It looked like those ridiculous "special effects" photos people put in their "artistic" folder of their MySpace page.
This dude is whining about his childhood "indie" band or some shit...
It reminded me of a cross between a Charles Schwab commercial and KIDS In-fucking-corporated

Then he starts whining about making it big... I thought that was the fucking point! INDIE isn't a fucking genre - it's what you are before you become successful.

The ending seriously reminded me of the episode of 'Saved By The Bell' where they form a band and Zack goes solo... don't act like you don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.

Overall... Please! If any of you are thinking about starting a new webcomic, PLEASE! Don't do anything even vaguely similar to this god-aweful atrocity, I'm begging you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment